Extra Curricular Opportunities
The Hayfield School firmly believe that out of school learning has the potential to open up new learning horizons to a wide range of students, whilst providing enriching cultural experiences for our young people.
We work hard to provide great opportunities for our young people to face a range of challenges and gain experiences, which can contribute significantly to their personal development and positive emotional wellbeing.
2016-2017 saw a plethora of trips and visits undertaken by a wide range of Faculties and Year Group, including:
- Languages residential to France, Germany and Spain
- Teambuilding trips to Walesby, GoBounce, Xscape
- Higher Education insights gained by Y11 at various Higher Education Institutions, including Sheffield Hallam, Hull and York.
- Humanities visits to areas of geographical interest, Chester, Durham Cathedral
- Sports ski trip to Austria
- Science visit to the nuclear reactor in Cern, Switzerland
- Creative Faculty visits to singing competitions, CAST theatre
- The Duke of Edinburgh expeditions
With many visits already on the horizon for 2017-2018, including a French residential visit, the annual ski trip to Italy, a residential visit to Madrid, an English journey down to Stratford to a Royal Shakespeare Company production and many, many more, it looks to be an exciting year ahead full of amazing opportunities for pupils at The Hayfield School!