In the library we aim to provide a welcoming environment for all students to read, study, listen to an audio book or use our ICT facilities.
Outside of lessons, the library is open to all students and staff at the following times:
- Before School: 8.15 - 8.35 am
- Morning Breaks: All years
- Library Late Night: 2.45 - 4.30 pm (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday)
For those break times when you just want to relax with a good book or magazine, the library has a comfy corner, complete with settee and bean bags! This is a silent area for those who want to lose themselves in a good read.
Students, staff and parents can also view the school library catalogue online at school and at home. For details of this system and to log on click the links below.
You can borrow up to 3 books at a time, for up to 2 weeks. The date they must be returned by will be stamped in the front of the book.
In the library you will find:
- Non-fiction books specifically chosen to help you with your studies
- Junior and senior fiction. Up-to-date reference library
- 16 dual-boot computers with internet access
- Word-processing facilities
- Research help sheets
- Audio books
- Photocopying services
- UCAS resources
- Careers Library
- Early & late opening hours
To help support our Sixth Form there are subject specific journals available with a title for each subject department. You can read them in the library and copy any relevant pages for your research. UCAS resources are available in the Bridon area including prospectuses for all the universities and colleges, subject information and details of upcoming open days.
For further information contact:
Mrs D Sheerin
Learning Resource Centre Manager.