There are many services available to support you with your well-being. The information below gives you further details on what these services can offer.
Please click on any of the images to link directly to the official websites.
Directly below are links that will enable you to quickly access the information you need.
- Doncaster School Nursing Service
- Well-being worksheets
- Mental Health
- Bereavement and Loss
- Substance/alcohol misuse
- Self harm
- Keeping your child safe online
- Internet Safety
The School Nursing Service is currently still open so if anyone needs to speak to a member of our team they can do so via our Single Point of Contact 01302 566776.
For further information about the e-Clinic app, please click here.
Doncaster – The Talking Shop
63 Hall Gate,
Phone: 01302 565650
This is a new and innovative venture that will make psychological therapy accessible and available to the community. You can drop into the new town centre shop and access the following services:
Specialist books and leaflets on how to manage mental health problems and emotional distress:
• Information on what services are available in the community
• Appointment-led clinics for service users
• Free use of computers with Internet access to computerised psychotherapy and information sites
• Informal advice in person from a mental health worker.
Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
The Doncaster child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) provides assessment, interventions and support to children, young people and their families who are suffering from significant mental health or behavioural problems.
Drop in clinic – Monday’s 14:30 – 16:30
Please click here for information on 2 workshops in February 2021.
This is a free online counselling, and emotional well-being platform for young people, accessible through mobile, tablet and desktop.
Offering support and advice in the flowing ways:
- Drop in chats
- Booked 1:1 sessions
- Themed message forums and lots more…
Kooth provides free, safe and anonymous online support for young people, covering a number of issues including:
- Feeling low
- Being abused
- Eating Disorders
The Samaritans is a registered charity aimed at providing emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland.
You can contact them by calling: 116 123 (this is a FREE number).
National text number: 07725 90 90 90 – Please be aware that there is an average reply time of 2 hours 30 minutes.
ESCAYP is available for young people up to the age of 21, offering a supportive environment in which they feel secure and safe, therefore enabling them to explore their issues. We work alongside existing agencies where appropriate and with consent. Our counsellors can help with issues including;
- Self harm
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Physical abuse
If you would like to refer yourself for help or counselling please use our referral from, or fill in the form on our website.
Doncaster Mind provides a range of services and support to people experiencing, or vulnerable to mental ill health.
If you are looking for support but not sure which service or support is right, or you would like some information to support a family member or friend then we do offer appointments with a member of staff who will meet with you on a one to one basis to discuss our services and the options available to you.
However if you know which service or support you require please click on the relevant page on the left hand side.
Telephone: 01302 812190 or 01302 812505
Cruse Bereavement Care
Cruse Bereavement Care is the leading national charity for bereaved people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies and work to enhance society’s care of bereaved people.
Cruse offers face-to-face, telephone, email and website support. We have a Freephone national helpline and local services, and a website (hopeagain.org.uk) specifically for children and young people.
National services include:
- National helpline for all those caring for a child or young person who has been bereaved
- Website with activities for children and young people and facility to ask questions of a trained clinician
- Programme of direct support for families bereaved through suicide, murder or manslaughter
- Resources including books and memory boxes
- Training courses and bespoke training.
Childhood Bereavement Network
National services include:
- Confidential information and support line for families and professionals when a child has died and when a child is bereaved
- Web discussion fora for families and for professionals
- Resources for bereaved children and young people, families and all professionals
- Training courses on bereavement for health care and other professional
Project 3 Young Peoples Health and Wellbeing Service
East Laith Gate House, East Laith Gate, Doncaster DN1 1JE
Telephone: 01302 640032
Need information and advice around drugs, alcohol and legal highs?
You can make an appointment or just drop in and talk to us about:
- 1:1 support to stop using any substances and to reduce the harms caused by using drugs, alcohol or legal highs
- 1:1 relapse prevention sessions aimed at helping you to explore ways to prevent returning to using drugs, alcohol or legal highs
- Vaccinations and screening for blood borne viruses
GASPED is a registered charity established in 1995 offering information, advice, help and support for the parents, partners, families and carers who care for or are affected by a loved one’s drug and/or alcohol misuse.
- Severe anxiety (including obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Eating disorders (such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia)
- Psychosis (in those aged under 14)Bipolar affective disorder
- Severe emotional problems
- Attachment difficulties
- Severe behavioural problems
- Tic disorders
- Autistic spectrum conditions (in those aged over 14)
- Significant family communication problems
You can find in the downloadable file below a number of different worksheets that outline different strategies that can be used to help support you in enhancing your well-being.