The Wider Curriculum
"The Hayfield School is proud of its staff who work together to give all our students the best possible experience.
The staff are exceptionally dedicated professionals and this is reflected their commitment to providing wider curriculum opportunities. Vast numbers of students get involved in schemes and activities such as The Duke of Edinburgh Award, fundraising, sports teams, performing arts and volunteer work through our LORIC programme (Leadership, Organisation, Resilience, Independence, Communication) as well as a wide range of trips and visits."
Trips and Visits
The Hayfield School firmly believe that out of school learning has the potential to open up new learning horizons to a wide range of students, whilst providing enriching cultural experiences for our young people.
We work hard to provide great opportunities for our young people to face a range of challenges and gain experiences, which can contribute significantly to their personal development and positive emotional wellbeing
"2016-2017 saw a plethora of trips and visits undertaken by a wide range of Faculties and Year Group, including:
- Languages residential to France, Germany and Spain
- Teambuilding trips to Walesby, GoBounce, Xscape
- Higher Education insights gained by Y11 at various Higher Education Institutions, including Sheffield Hallam, Hull and York.
- Humanities visits to areas of geographical interest, Chester, Durham Cathedral
- Sports ski trip to Austria
- Science visit to the nuclear reactor in Cern, Switzerland
- Creative Faculty visits to singing competitions, CAST theatre
With many visits already on the horizon for 2017-2018, including a French residential visit, the annual ski trip to Italy, a residential visit to Madrid, an English journey down to Stratford to a Royal Shakespeare Company production and many, many more, it looks to be an exciting year ahead full of amazing opportunities for pupils at The Hayfield School!"