Year 9 Options 2020
The options process has been designed to help you start making decisions about your learning and to choose subjects that suit your aspirations, skills and needs.
There will be lots of information available to you to help guide you towards making the right choice. An options assembly by Mrs Fox will take place and there will be an options booklet outlining courses. There are also videos below outlining some subjects that you may be unfamiliar with. There is also advice from your current teachers, your tutors and your parents. All of these people know you in some way and may be able to suggest whether they think a subject would suit you as a learner. You also need to think about what you enjoy, what career you might wish to eventually pursue and whether the mix of subjects chosen is a sensible one in terms of your talents and ability. The examinations you sat before half term should also guide you as to your academic strengths.
A copy of our Y9 options booklet for 2020 can be viewed by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
- Wednesday 11 March 2020 (P3): Options information assembly for students led by Mrs Fox
- Friday 20 March 2020: submit options preference form (note that we are investigating the possibility of this being submitted online. This will be confirmed).
- Monday 23 March 2020 onwards: the school will contact parents to organise a meeting if this has been requested.
- Monday 30 March 2020 onwards: individual meetings with a member of Senior Leadership Team to discuss choices where needed (parents may attend if they request)
- April 2020 onwards: final options allocations will be communicated to students
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school.